In the last few years, Cloud Hosting has shaped up to be the preferred option for most businesses for their web hosting needs. After all, if you want to take your business to the next level, then features like resource scalability, faster page load speed, maximum uptime, and cost efficiency offered by Cloud Hosting plans certainly can’t be ignored. However, migrating to Cloud Hosting is an important decision and requires a strategic plan and the right tools so that your current operations are not disturbed and the migration is seamless.
Things to know before migrating to Cloud Hosting
The most important aspect of the migration is choosing the right Cloud Hosting provider. Ask yourself these questions before selecting one:
- What do I need from the hosting provider?
- Instant and easy scalability?
- Lower costs, etc.?
- What are my requirements with respect to capacity?
- Am I comfortable with the security measures deployed by the provider?
- What is the uptime assurance and what are people saying about it?
- Does the provider offer migration assistance?
Questions like these would help you find the right Cloud Hosting plan to migrate to. Once you have selected the plan, keep the following points in mind:
- Assess your current system architecture
- Is it compatible with the Cloud Hosting environment?
- Do you need to make some changes to applications and/or processes?
- Ensure that your system and data are ready for the move.
- Create a migration plan
- Application baselines
- Inventory check
- Migration order
- Get your team up to speed with the migration process
- Try to move the least critical application and/or data first to get a hang of the migration process.
- Even if the provider assures you of no downtime, prepare a contingency plan just in case the website goes down for a while.
- Select and use the